Dental Crowns – DeLand, FL
Natural-Looking Tooth Restorations
If you have a tooth that isn’t as strong as it could be, whether from decay or damage, it can use a little reinforcement. That’s where a dental crown comes in. This dental prosthetic provides your tooth with a strong top portion that not only performs daily tasks, such as chewing and help with articulating in speech, but also gives your teeth a natural, healthy look. Our practice is proud to offer this valuable service to our patients and bring a satisfied smile to their faces.
Uses and Benefits of a Dental Crown
Because it completely covers a tooth or implant, a dental crown can be used in so many situations. As a result, it has many potential benefits, including the following:
- Saving a natural tooth.
- Giving your tooth’s function and strength back.
- Masking any discoloration of the tooth.
- Repairing a decayed tooth that doesn’t have enough healthy structure for filling.
- Fixing a damaged or cracked tooth from an injury.
- Enhancing the appearance and strength of a small or misshapen tooth.
- Holding a weakened tooth together.
- Attaching to a dental implant.
Getting a Dental Crown
When Dr. Cowell identifies a situation where you need a dental crown, he will recommend this treatment to you. Then, the process for placing it goes as follows:
- Cowell will either remove the decayed portions of your tooth or prepare it for the crown.
- We will take impressions of your mouth and create a custom design for your crown to ensure that it fits properly and looks great.
- We will send this information to a dental lab, where your crown will be crafted.
- Before you leave, we will affix a temporary crown.
- When the final product is ready, you’ll return to our office so that Dr. Cowell can bond your crown in place.
In just two simple appointments, you could enjoy your smile again!
Cost of a Dental Crown
In many situations, your dental insurance covers part of the cost for your dental crown. How much coverage you get will greatly depend on your insurance plan. However, you can rely on our team to walk you through the process and help you understand the costs associated with getting your dental crown. With the proper care of brushing and flossing daily and visiting our office for checkups and cleanings twice a year, your dental crown can last and serve you well for many years. Getting your smile back to full health and appearance will be worth the time, money, and effort.
So regardless of the situation, if you need a dental crown, Dr. Cowell and our team can provide the compassionate, expert care you need to restore your tooth. Come experience the difference with our DeLand dental office by scheduling an appointment with us today!